Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue}

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Aftermath ... {Open, but please read prologue}

Post by Inion on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:34 am

Inion stood by quietly thinking, the sword was screaming in her head and she couldn't drown out the voices as easliy as she usually did. Thankfully for her the fact that she was so quiet, Venis had not targeted her yet... yet. The time that Venis spent yelling at the other two gave Inion a chance to gather strength and ask her goddess for help. How could anyone not feel the darkness in the room. It was taking over feeding off the anger and fear in keep and here was the center of it all.

Shock hit her at the words coming from Venis's mouth at Casie. She didn't draw her relic, given that it was a sword that might seem as more of a threat at the moment, but she called upon it also to give her the extra strength. Blue light began to form around her, her wings opened fully and she dropped her glamour, no sense wasting magic on that at the moment. And then there was the familiar tingle that her Goddess stepped into her. When anyone looked at her they would see her change. Would Venis feel the growing power of Light coming from the corner, she would soon find out.

"Lady Venis, you were giving the honored status of being the Goddess of Protection of this land, and yet I stand here and see you let the darkness take over." The voice that came out of Inion was deep and ancient, very unlike Inion's usual voice. She knew it was a risky thing to let her goddess in and speak but Venis needed help and this was one way Inion could help. It also helped her knowing her goddess had whispered to her reassuring her.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:42 am

Casandra heard Inion She even saw her change. but she had to say something to Venis she was not going to let this one go unsaid. Her voice was very quiet for anyone that knew her well they would know that she was trying to keep her anger from getting away from her.

"So now you think I am food and would deprive my children of the last blood relative that they have living? As for why I dare because I am one of the few who will. You want me to leave? Fine I'll leave; but you ever threaten me again and I will not come back."

She knew that she didn't mean it but what Venis said hurt her deeply. Why would she threaten her life and relegate her to the food chain?

Last edited by Casandra Lightheart on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Casandra Lightheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 am

Gwen saw Venis' eyes and stepped in front of Casandra.

"Bajystor mor ti os tor eil tia thol. Vys iar sor sor aelor ael."

A very soft blue light surrounded Gwen and Cas. She than looked at Venis.

"I will leave quietly so that no one has to fight. Whatever is there with you Venis you need to fight it not us."

She looked at Inion and nodded. She had never seen her without her glamor and it was just a little shocking. Inion was a lot different than she would have guessed it did not change the way she smelled to Gwen though. She still smelled like the forest after it rained. She nodded to her and than spoke directly to Casandra's mind.

~This is not Venis; well not completely something else is here too growing on her anger and fear. We can not hope to do anything at the moment but get help. We need to go back to the in and talk to JonLouis. He is older and wiser perhaps he will know something to do."

(Nakomis shield me your child and my friend. Proect us till this evil ends.)
Gwendolan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 am

Venis snarled and hissed at the voice from Inion's lips. She turned her head around to look at Inion and address the one who has spoken. Venis knew it wasn't Inion, because she had felt the power spike in the room, and the voice was not her's either. "Welcome Goddess. Since you have seen fit to stick your nose into my business." She moved to be completely facing them now.

She inched forward a couple of feet, almost like a slithering snake. Or more like Medusa of Ancient Greek Mythology. "Perhaps you could answer a question for me." Her movement stopped. "What good is a Goddess of Protection when she cannot even protect those she loves? As we speak, I know not if my own Granddaughter is alive or dead. For all I know, she could be buried."

She titled her head to the side and closed her eyes in a slow blink. The movement seemed to stutter as if it was painful. "You see, my Granddaughters house, and the one next to it, collapsed earlier. They fell into a sink hole in the ground. They landed on top of two people and killed them." She righted her head and looked directly at Inion again at that point, eyes still black.

She began to lean her head to the other side, it was like she was trying to pop her neck but it was hurting too much. A physical manifestation of her emotional pain? "I know not if my Granddaughter was home, though I searched for her remains for over an hour. I only found the other two victims. And while that was happening, I could feel my son and my best friend's pain as well."

Again she righted her head. She continued. "You see, they are fighting for their lives, and I can feel the tole that it is taking from them. They are both on the verge of death. and I am stuck here, unable to do anything about it. But that is not all. For my other friends and family are all suffering for one reason or another. And I am stuck in my Keep, helpless to protect any of them."

She turned her back again. "So tell me Goddess, what good am I to any of them? What good am I as a Goddess of protection?" She moved away from them again. "Oh and Casandra, everyone is a part of the food chain. Someday, someone even bigger and badder than I shall come along and include me in that list. Now, everyone ... " She waved her hands at the front doors then.

The obstructions moved and the doors opened widely. She had made a sweeping motion with her hands to do this. "GET OUT!" Yelled at everyone in the room this time. She was no longer willing to entertain uninvited and unwanted guests. She had done all the explaining she was going to do. It was time for them to all leave before the last of her control gave way to the darkness.

((At the time this thread was supposed to be taking place, Gawain, Dre, Kyra, and Madeline were fighting for their lives against a demon of some sort here. So please, no one post that they contacted Dre or Kyra and found out she was safe. Thanks.))
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Cas listened to the problems that Venis was having. That would explain the fear Gwen seamed to think that was there feeding whatever the hell was here with her. She was about to say something when Venis just told her she was food and pretty much dismissed all of them. She had not even acknowledged Gwendolan.

She shook her head and walked out the doors Venis had unbarricaded and thrown open. She looked back at her but Venis had turned her back on them. She could not do this alone. Gwen was not enough to help. Not with Venis this way.

She put her hand on Gwen's shoulder when they got outside. Kjay was finally running up panting hard he was still in his larger form. A couple of the women screamed and one of the men tried to stop him. Kjay jumped over him and walked over to Cas.

"It is Kjay bring him water please."

She laid her head on him and than looked at Inion.

"Will you stay here? I am going to take Gwen back to the Inn and bring JonLouis back with me. Hopefully Emilia as well. My room is always kept prepared if you will stay you can rest there. I think we are going to need it."

Kjay was busy drinking the ice cold water that had been brought to him. He was still in this alternate form and now large enough that his shoulder reached her waist. As she waited for Inion to reply she spoke to Kjay.

"I know you won't like this but I need you to stay here with Venis; she needs a friend and I think you are the only one that she will tolerate right now. Follow her like you would me. Go through the east entrance."

Cas was right he didn't like it one bit but he did what she asked. He stopped in the kitchen and took advantage of people running from him and grabbed a steak he was hungry. He then followed the same path that Cas had taken and was soon looking at Venis. He was sure it would not be long before she noticed him.

Last edited by Casandra Lightheart on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Casandra Lightheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:46 am

Inion/goddess stood and listened to Venis explain how she was feeling and why, her violet orbs reflected an icy brillance. “We will leave, but know that I did not come here to ‘stick my nose’ into your business I came here because my daughter asked me for help and to protect her. Even a Goddess needs help and has to be strong enough to ask for that help. These women have come here out of love to help you, and you are turning them away. Look inside you for the strength and love that is needed to fight this. Do not underestimate the power of these women.” She turned to leave her feet barely touching the floor before stepping out the door if Venis chose to look she would see the Goddess leaving Inion, she stopped and half turned toward her friend but did not look at her, “the Goddess is right, we are here because we love you and want to help you. You would do the same for us.” She didn’t wait for an answer but stepped out the door and gave a wave of her hand causing the big doors to slam shut behind her.

Inion stood with Casandra and Gwen her Goddess gone for the moment she did not reform her glamour but instead stood with her wings open wide and her body markings showing. For some reason she took Gwens hand and let her calming magic flow from herself. Her mind seemed else where, but she listened to everything around her. “Yes Casandra I will stay here and thank you for the offer of using your rooms but I need to recharge and I can only do that here with water. She gave the doors a last look before giving them each a hug, “may your travel and task be swift.” Giving Gwen a tight hug, “thank you for your help getting her I would not have done it so quickly without you."
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:16 am

Gwen was to upset to say much of anything; she just kind of stood in the middle of the courtyard. What had just happened. Venis had thrown everyone out. She had taken things to far. Gwen still had a feeling they were about to get worse.

She jumped as the doors were slammed closed behind them and managed a smile when Inion took her hand. She hugged her back being careful of the wings and looking at her markings.

"You are welcome Inion; I am sorry she spoke to your Goddess that way."

She moved over to a bench and sat down. She was sure they would be leaving soon. She didn't want to leave but there was nothing she could do but talk. Right now Venis was not willing to listen.
Gwendolan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:07 am

Venis winced as the doors slammed shut. "Even a Goddess needs help, even a Goddess needs help." Said in a very sarcastic and mocking tone as she returned to 'pacing' the throne room floor. "What in the hell would she know about it?" She was back to the task of trying to find a way out of the Keep and to wherever her Granddaughter was.

It was on one of her turns from facing East to going to be facing West that she saw the pair of eyes in the corner of the room. The golden amber orbs staring back at her from the shadows did nothing to startle or scare her. She knew those eyes as well as she knew her own. "Et too Kjay?" She shook her head and sighed as she turned away from the large wolf.

As the flames that were the bottom of her formless body slithered across the floor, Kjay rose and moved to follow her. He shadowed her pacing keeping far enough back that he wouldn't get burned if she stopped. He knew the dangers of her flames. She made no move to stop him or to tell him to go. It was of no use. He would not listen, even if she did threaten to make him food like she had his master. So she just paced and tried to think.
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:45 am

Cas moved to sit down on the bench next to Gwen after hugging Inion. She was already missing Kjay but she knew he would not be able to make the trip back with them. He would have been left behind because of the speed of the unicorns.

"Gwendolan we are going to have to move very fast I am going to request warmer clothing. I know you are not used to pants and boots with a winter jacket but I am going to have the unicorns move faster and not stop. I feel this is that important."

Gwen nodded at Cas and managed a small smile.

"This is bad Lady Casandra very bad. I will do whatever you need me to do."

It was not long before they were both fed, dressed and getting the unicorns ready to leave. Cas looked at Empyrean and spoke softly but with authority.

"I am already in a foul mood we need to move fast and without delay. I swear to you that if you try to act up I will personally geld you myself."

While Cas and Gwen had been readying themselves for the long trip strait through the unicorns had been fed and they took off at a run. With no stops along the way they made it back to the Inn in nine hours. Empyrean actually did manage to behave all the way back.

Cas came riding up with Gwen on the Unicorns.

"Gwendolan why don't you go rest; let Manny know what is going on and that we are going back to the keep. "

Gwen nodded at Cas as she slid off of Rapture and went inside.

"I will tell him what has happened and that he needs to stay here for now."

She headed inside taking off the heavy jacket. Cas headed in to the barn and took the time to remove the tack from the unicorns and feed them. They might just have another long trip ahead of them. After that she headed inside and up to the top floor where she knocked three times on the door to Emilia's room and waited.

Three knocks upon a door was never a good thing. It was code, and code was to be adhered to at all times. Gervais moved to the door quickly and swung it open. "Mlle Casandra ..." He made a sweeping bow before her. "To what do we owe the honor of your visit?" He waited for her to address him before rising from the bow, it was his way.

Casandra was still wearing a heavy winter jacket. She Nodded her head at Gervais. As much as it made her uncomfortable to have him bow like that she knew better than to argue.

"Bonjour Gervais; I need to see JonLouis as soon as possible. There is a problem with Venis."

He rose from his bow and nodded. "Of course Mlle. Please, won't you come inside?" He opened the door wider and waited for her to enter. Once she was inside he would close the door behind her. "One moment s'il vous plaît. I will get Master JonLouis for you." Another short bow and he headed down the hall to the bedrooms. He knocked three times upon the bedroom door. "Primogen, Mlle Casandra is here. She requests an audience with you. She speaks of a problem with our lovely Goddess."

The door swung open and JonLouis stepped out. He was dressed in a pair of dress pants and a loose fitting button down shirt made of Italian silk. His feet were currently bare. He thanked his man servant and headed down the hall way. "Désir, what is the problem?" Asked as he entered the main room of the suite. He moved to her with his hands opened for a hug, to which he would add a kiss to each of her cheeks.

Cassie came in the the room and waited as the door was closed behind her.

"Of course"

She watched him disappear down the halls and heard the three knocks. She smiled at JonLouis as he came into the main room. She returned his hug and kissed his cheeks as well. She stood back from him holding on to his hands a moment.

"It is good to see you. I wish it were under better circumstances. Venis is in trouble. I think it is really serious this time."

He would see the worry in her eyes and defiantly notice she was minus a furry companion that was always with her.

He did notice the absence of Kjay at her side. "I simply thought her to have closed off her link again. It has only been a few days. I did not think anything of it. What has happened that is so dire that you come to me, and without Kjay?" He was worried, he understood that look upon her face, and it scared him in a 'oh no this is bad' sort of way.

"I made Kjay stay with her. She is not herself Gwendolan said she could feel the evil through out the keep getting stronger the closer they got to the castle. Her companion Lady Inion actually let herself be used by her goddess to confront Venis. Something evil has her trapped at the keep. Not only that but her eyes. They were black and soulless. Gwendolan is convinced something is there with Venis."

She had not dare let it show near Venis but now she looked at JonLouis the pain in her eyes was clear as well.

"She referred to me as food and threatened to orphan my children."

JonLouis actually gasped at that. "She is being consumed by the darkness. A tragedy has happened and she has no control over it so she is grasping at any help she can conjure. She has been down this path once before, before she became a Goddess. She spent about a hundred years ... Well, let us not dredge up the past, oui? For now, we must get her through this. We need to get her to fight against the darkness." He released her hands and took a step back. "I shall get my things, are Rapture and Empyrean up for the ride?" He knew that the two unicorns would be their best bet for transportation. He would need to return to the bedroom to inform Emilia of his plans to go and to get properly dressed with shoes and a coat.

"They have already made one trip there and back I think they will need a couple hours to rest. I fed them right before I came up here. I pushed them hard on the ride back. And Empyrean is very mad at me. I threatened to geld him if he acted up on the ride back."

She took a deep breath.

"I was also hoping you might be able to talk Emilia into coming with us."

The look upon his face showed how unsure he was about her request of Emilia joining them. "I will see. If they need a few hours rest than you should rest as well mon cher. I will be ready to depart in two hours time, that way the unicorns will have had their rest, and so shall you. Unless you wish to take Willow. She could carry a heavier load and would not be hindered by the lack of ability to portal within the Keep. She could simply fly us directly to the castle." He didn't know why that hadn't been his first thought, but at least he was coming up with it now. "I still wish for you to rest though. You are no good to anyone when you are so exhausted. You may stay in here, or I could let you into Venis' room to rest if you would like." He meant it, he wanted her to rest.

"We can take Willow or the Unicorns as long as we get back there it doesn't mater."

She took off her jacket and headed to the spare room.

"Talk to her see what you can do I think we are going to need her. Venis is further gone than you think."

She was very tired and as soon as she closed her eyes after laying down in the bed she was asleep.

She was welcome to the spare room, as his man servant was awake for the day. And it had just been cleaned and fresh sheets applied. While she went to rest he returned to Emilia's room and sat down on the bed. "Belle, there is an issue at the Keep." He waited for her to speak before he continued.

Emilia looked up at him as he came back into the room She knew Cas was here she had heard her voice as she spoke. When he told her there was a problem she nodded slowly.

"What has happened?"

She was still not sure what to think about everything that had happened recently. She was getting better with JonLouis' help.

He reached for her hand and took a deep, though unneeded, breath. "I fear Venis has taken to the darkness once again. She has been trapped within the Keep since she disappeared the other day. I know not why. Casandra did not give me all the details. But if she has taken to the darkness to try and free herself, things could turn very ugly, very rapidly. And I fear that they have already began to go there. She threatened to orphan the twins and use Casandra as food." It was a lot for her to digest, but he knew she could take it. She was stronger than she gave herself credit for.

She looked at him and nodded her head.

"Venis would kill herself before she let anyone harm Casie; let alone threaten to eat her herself. Is there something I can do to help?"

She didn't know what she could do but she did want to help if she could. She took his hand in hers and stood slowly from the bed.

He half shrugged as he brought her knuckles to his lips. "I do not know if you could help, but Casandra has expressed a wish for you to return to the Keep with us. She feels you could help somehow. And I am willing to try anything to help her fight this. But if I feel you are in danger, I will get you away from her at any cost. The same goes for Casandra." He was now very worried of the women in his life.

"I have to try."

She wrapped her arms around him tightly and laid her head against his chest.

"I do not want you to put yourself in danger for me."

It was hard to get used to not hearing a heart beat in his chest.

"How long before we leave?"

He hugged her tightly, and because she was so close, his heart began to beat in her ear. "I have asked Casandra to get some rest, she is in the spare room. We can send Gervais down to ready Willow, for I think she would be the fastest trasnport. We could get ready to go and be ready when Casandra wakes in about an hour or two." He did not want to wait any longer than that.

She simply nodded and smiled as she heard his heart beat.

"Perhaps we should rest as well?"

She was not sure she could sleep but she did think she could rest for a couple hours curled up with him.

He nodded to her. "Oui, let me send Gervais to ready Willow and then we can lay down for a bit of rest." He kissed her forehead and left her arms to find his man servant. Gervais was in the kitchen. He gave him the instructions and then returned to Emilia. He laid down on the bed and opened his arms to her so they could snuggle.

She let him leave knowing he would be back in just a few short moments. When he returned she laid down with him and snuggled up in his arms. It was not long before she was asleep. But she would probably need it.

He closed his eyes as well, though he did not sleep. For if he were to sleep, he would turn cold in her arms and his heart would stop. He did not think that she needed that at the moment. And he had slept earlier in the day, it was nearing evening now, so he would have been awake at this time anyway. He let them lie there for two hours before he tried to stir his Belle from her slumber. "Belle, wake, it is time to go. Willow awaits us." He gently rubbed her shoulder as he spoke to her in soft, but not whispered, tones.

Emilia stirred quietly when she heard him speak. She had not meant to fall asleep but she was still more than a little depressed. She only agreed to go because this now involved family. If anything happened to Venis it would hurt Manny and that would greatly hurt her mother. She opened her eyes and looked up at him. She kissed him softly.

"Thank you JonLouis."

She sat up in the bed and looked at the shower. She didn't have time. She was sure the only real reason the waited was so Cas could rest. instead closed her eyes and concentrated on something practical for traveling. The air around her shimmered and she was no longer in a nightgown with her hair loose she was now in a pair of riding pants, boots and a sweater with her hair in a braid.

JonLouis smiled. "You look lovely mon Belle." He rose from the bed and moved to where his things were. He traded his dress slacks for some leather pants, and his dress shirt for a cotton pull over shirt. He put on socks and boots and then went to wake Casandra. He woke her much the same way. "It is time to wake, Willow awaits us, Désir." He touched her shoulder and shook her slightly.

Casandra opened her eyes almost as soon as JonLouis touched her shoulder She sat up and swung her feet out of the bed She slid into her boots and picked up her coat.

"I am as ready as I am going to get."

She stretched her arms and let out a yawn.

"Is Emilia coming with us?"

He stepped back as she moved to swing her feet from the bed. He waited a moment to allow her to finish speaking, as was polite to do. When she finished with a question, he answered her. "Oui, though, were one to ask me, I would prefer to be taking on this task on my own. I do not wish to place my lovely ladies in peril." He winked at her. Of course she was not his, but she was female, and a part of his life. So it was simply so that she was one of his lovely ladies. And he would fight any who dared say otherwise.

She smiled and shook her head as she nodded at almost the same time as.

"Just don't tell Ivan he may feel obligated to fight you for me."

She hugged him quickly.

"You have done a lot for me and the twins and I am glad that you worry about me; however there is no way in hell I am going to stay behind. "

She headed to the door.

JonLouis was right behind her after returning the hug and giving her a smile. He knew this was not a battle to pick. When they exited the room he looked in on Emilia. "Belle, are you ready?" He would wait for her hand before proceeding a step or two behind Casandra. They would head to the elevators and from there, they would move out to Willow. He would ride behind both ladies on the back of the massive pink beast, less one of them fell off. Willow would take them to the Keep, where she would fly right up to the castle and land in the road before the still broken draw bridge.

Emilia was already in the doorway she nodded at Casandra and took JonLouis' hand in hers squeezing it It was not long before they were all on Willow's back Casandra in the front Emilia in the middle and JonLouis behind them both. Emilia was leaning against JonLouis Even on Willow it would take a few hours to get to the castle.

Casandra was sliding off Willow as soon as she landed. Riding Willow was a lot more different than riding a horse. She was sore and very tired. The trip had still taken several hours. She was trying to walk out the cramps when she noticed that the throne room doors were closed again and Kjay was not here to great her.

JonLouis sighed as he helped both ladies down from the dragon. then he moved to her head and motioned for her with his finger.

Willow leaned her head down to see what it was that he wished of her.

JonLouis pointed towards the doors of the throne room across the drawbridge and at the other side of the castle. "Willow mon cher. Do you see those big heavy wooden doors there? Mommy is trapped behind them, and we mean to get in there and save her. Could you be a dear and open them for us. I can replace them later with doors that are not broken." He stepped aside to see what Willow would do.

Willow was nodding her head as he spoke. When he was done, she sat up straight and filled her lungs with air. Gatekeeper be damned as she held the breath long enough to heat it. Then she blew out the air and it was a great stream of fire that shot out towards those wooden doors. The wood caught fire and began to burn away to ash. It took a lot of flames, and they had to be almost white hot. After all, Mommy was the Goddess of Fire too. But the doors turned to a pile of ash and hot metal in the floor.

Cas was glad that she was not on Willows back. She had a feeling that the pink dragon would be most uncomfortable to ride upon while shooting flames. She did not waste much time she was heading for the hole in the wall that used to be the doors to the throne room.

Emilia was not entirely sure what to expect so she moved more slowly towards the throne room while she took deep cleansing breaths. She knew JonLouis would not be far behind.

JonLouis was not far behind. He gave Willow plenty of praise and adoration before he moved to catch up with the women. He moved at a jog so as to pass up Casandra. He turned to walk backwards and speak to the pair. "Ladies, please, allow me to go first. If a fire is to come out those doors, I am a little more resistant to it than the two of you. And faster to move away from it as well. I would rather be able to safeguard you both than to loose even one of you." He hoped he was making sense. And if fire was going to come out of that room, he would grab them both up and move them out of the way with epic speed.

Casandra Lightheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Inion watched the two depart, her hand brushed across the snake around her neck waking him up her whispered voice just for him. "Croga I need to charge and I will need your help her, I am sure you can feel the what is going on here." He uncoiled and wrapped around hand so that she could set him down on the ground. He was beyond who saw him change and once he was free of her hand his form changed into his tiger form only this time he was even larger then usual. He nuzzled her for a moment knowing she needed as much comfort as she could get. She moved toward the moat, it was cleaner then before thanks to Gwen but it was still a little mucky. Finding a place that was away from public and not so many eyes she sat her bag down and slipped into the water. Sinking as deep as she could she closed her eyes and the water became clearer and soon she could be seen her silver hair swirling around her. Croga stood on the shore and watched over her if anyone dared come near enough a low rumble would be heard from him. She was there along time aware of the time change and the things happening around her.

The blast at the throne room door woke her from her meditation, she rose from the water quickly and gave a twirl to dry herself. A quick nod to Croga and they both moved toward where the doors had been. She saw saw Casandra and two others, quick footsteps brought her to Casandra's side. The time in the water had giving her a chance to recharge though flowing water would have been better what ever was good in pinch. Besides Croga at her side she could feel her Goddess at the ready for when she needed her.

Glamour gone, wings open wide and her icy purple orbs watched the action "Lady Casandra you have made it back in good time." She turned and gave a bow to the other two making sure they were not ignored as even in a time like this she was never rude. The Ice wall spell formed in her head as a precaution.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:25 am

Venis stopped in her pacing when the door had caught fire. A tilt of her head could be seen, well, by Kjay as no one else was in the room with her, as she examined the door. She discovered that it had been lit ablaze from outside of the room. She arched a flaming eyebrow as she watched it burn to so much ash and hot metal. "Damnit!" Exclaimed as she moved to the door to see who was out there. The first thing that had caught her eye was her big pink dragon, Willow.

She saw JonLouis moving to catch up with Casie, she saw Casie, and Emilia. Emilia being there caught her off guard for a split second. Then she saw Inion, and was that Croga, moving to be with Casie as well. She heard JonLouis' words that he spoke to Casie about being more resistant to fire than they. So she held her hand up, palm towards the sky, and blew across the palm to shoot a stream of flame towards him. "Resistant my ass." And then she moved to the side of the doorway.

Kjay ran out of the room and towards Casie. Venis had moved for that very reason after all. And once he was out of the room, Venis ran her hands around the door jam, filling the cavity with flames. Since there were no doors for her to close, she made new ones, out of a wall of flames. And before she moved away from the flames she spoke. "I told everyone to leave ... And get that damned drawbridge fixed!"

So the question was, would those who could, risk using water or ice on those flames in the door way? She could still be right behind them, and she was still a body of shaped flames. Would they risk that she could still be standing there? Risk turning her into a stone like substance, much like cooled lava that hardens cold and solid?
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 am

Emilia was alert the moment she slid off of Willow. Casandra had explained a lot on the way over. Emilia could feel the evil. She was not as sensitive as her mother so for her to feel it it had to be very strong. That was how she saw the fireball.

"NO!!"

She jumped in front of JonLouis and shielded them both. She had her arms wrapped tightly around him. She was glowing and radiating a bright blue light. It grew to encompass more than just the two of them. Casandra and Inion were also shielded. Croga was also shielded.

Emilia had already lost her daughter she could not loose friends too. Especially not JonLouis. Her ice blue eyes stared into his. It was a few moments before she released him and turned to face the doorway. It was now engulfed in flames.

Her first reaction was to use water to blast them away. She was not so upset that she was willing to risk Venis' life. She may have been right on the other side of that wall of flames.

Instead she moved beyond the protection of the shield. Leaving it in place it was an easy task but anyone that followed her would be on their own.

"What the hell do you think you are doing? Goddess of Protection my ass. You just tried to kill one of the only people I care about."

Her voice was getting louder with every word.
Emilia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JonLouis on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:47 am

JonLouis had expected the fire. What he had not expected was Emilia to jump in front of him to guard him from the fire. Well, him and the other ladies as well. He turned around as soon as she was in the place she took and her shield was up. He cocked his head to the side. "Did she truly just do that?" He had not seen it, but he had heard her words, and her fire was aimed directly at him.

He made a dramatic sigh, though the breath was not needed. And he was about to turn around and address Lady Inion, when Emilia moved to leave the protection of her own barrier. He reached through the water and grabbed for her arm. He was to pull her back through the water to the side the rest of them were.

He would speak to her and show her he was serious with the look upon his face. "Belle, no. Wait here with us. I have a better idea." He looked to the sky and called out a name. "Eros!" He knew that Eros would be about, as he had been keeping company with Venis for over a year now. And while it was true that Eros could not portal within the Keep, it should have been a simple task for him to come from wherever he was to where they all now stood.
JonLouis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Casandra was so wound up from everything that had happened in the last two days that she was about to make a smart alec comment to JonLouis when Venis beat her to it.

She was trying to hit the ground for the second time in less than twenty four hours because of Venis playing with fire; she loved her but she was getting tired of it.

Emilia moved to protect JonLouis and than shielded them all; Cas knew she was a goddess or at least half but she had never seen her use more than a tiny amount of magic to do small things. She was very grateful to her for not having to worry about fire for at least a little while.

Kjay was not far behind the fire stream Venis had blown at JonLouis. He was running as fast as he could and jumped through the water barrier landing almost in front of his human soaking wet. He shook himself off wetting anyone close to him. He dropped his head just a bit like he was nodding to Kroga.

Cas sat up and wrapped her arms around Kjay burying her head in his wet fur.

"I'm ok boy."

He wagged his tail looking at doorway Venis had covered in a wall of fire. Cas stood and moved over beside Inion as she watched JonLouis pull Emilia back through the shield of water.

"Eros!"

Oh boy was this about to get interesting. She also noticed that JonLouis had not released his hold on Emilia. Was he afraid she was going to get hurt? Emilia clearly was either not worried about it or just didn't care if she got hurt protecting him.
Casandra Lightheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eros on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:45 pm

He had been sitting in Venis's room waiting for her to get back, granted they were in his room but after she left he decided to head to her room, he felt some other familiar beings coming into the keep and gather with Venis. Well that was until he was yelled for by not just anyone but a close friend......something must be up. So as he stood up his clothing changed to that of a pin strip navy blue suit with matching tie before he went incorporeal and started to move between rooms, floors and cealing to get to the location that he was called to.....He noticed that Venis was a little upset about something so at the moment he would have to see what was going on. As he got close he shifted corporeal again and started to walk to the rest of the beings and looked around them.

He saw JonLouis, his daughter, Cass, Inion, KJay as well as a giant cat and he could feel the dragon outside of the wall.....He did not know what was going on but it was getting interesting as he looked behind them saw the door of flames as well as wall of water........ok this was really getting interesting, he had to remember to get the lawn chair and popcorn here in a few because of what ever is happening is about to be good.

He walked up to the group and nodded to each one smiling. He gave Inion and JonLouis a light bow, He moved his eyes around and saw that JonLouis holding his daughter. "Ok what seems to be the problem now?" He said as he looked around. What has gotten into Venis this time?"He knew he had to be something but for right now he would just wait and see what the issue seems to be but he did think that the doorway of fire might have something to do with it....just maybe.

Last edited by Eros on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Eros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:39 am

Inion returned the bow and moved closer to him. She explained everything that had happened to her since the portal closing at the inn, her feelings and expierences up to that very moment. Of course she didn't want to weave a long tale so it was quick and filled with just enough details so that he would understand quickly. There wasn't alot of time to waste. She did her best to describe the feeling of blackness that she was feeling from Venis and her worry that she was being lost in it. "We need to find a way to break this hold over her. It is taking over quickly."

Looking around she felt confident that together they could beat this and save Venis.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JonLouis on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:23 am

Once JonLouis had Emilia back behind her water wall he turned his head to address Lady Inion as he had prepared to do moments before. "Bonjour fée. I am pleased that you could join us." And he returned his attention to Emilia. "Please, Belle, just wait." He moved to wrap his arms around her waist to comfort her.

That was when Eros arrived. Lady Inion informed him of everything she knew to be going on. And once she was finished, JonLouis then spoke. He stepped to the side of Emilia, keeping his arm around her waste. With a slight bow he began. "M'Lord, thank you for joining us. It appears that the Goddess has replaced the doors that we asked Willow to burn down with a wall of flame, as you can see." And he gave a nod towards the flames.

"The problem lies in the fact that we do not know if she has moved from the door or not. Therefor, we cannot bring down the wall of flames. I fear that if we try, it will be that she is standing there, and the water will ... Well, we just do not want to do such a thing. And since non of us can be without our physical bodies as you can ... Could you do us the favor of peeking in and seeing where it is that she stands? If she is away from the door, you could signal us and we can put out the flames, without putting her out."

He waited to see if Eros would help them. He did not think it a difficult request. As he waited, he took a side step to again be behind Emilia and he encircled her in his arms once again. He hoped it was comforting to her, because it was quite comforting to him. And for some reason, he needed that comfort at the moment.
JonLouis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:19 am

Emilia was in the middle of trying to tell Venis off when JonLouis grabbed her arm and pulled her back behind the wall of water. She was about to jerk free when she saw the look on his face. That made her pause. She was completely rigid with anger when he wrapped his arms around her. He asked her to wait and than her father showed up.

The more she heard of the story the madder she got. It was a damn good thing that JonLouis had his arms wrapped around her. She listened to his request of her father. It was a good idea but she felt the need to add a few words. She was taking a lot of comfort from JonLouis; were it not for him she would be charging through the wall of flames possibly hurting Venis in the process.

"Funny you should ask father. Your piece of ass tried to kill my...my...JonLouis. She tried to set him on fire right in front of me and before that she threw fire at Inion, Casandra, and my mother."

She took a deep breath and leaned back against JonLouis she would let her father do what JonLouis had suggested. That was if he would help them. Her father always did whatever he wanted to.

While she waited her mind wandered. What had she been about to say? Why would she not know what to call JonLouis? What were they? She had no idea and it frustrated her to no end.
Emilia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Cas just stood there crouched down with her arms wrapped around Kjay. He was looking at Kroga than at Eros. He looked at Inion and back to Kroga again and whimpered at him a bit. Not a frightened whimper just a confused one.

Cas stood up leaving her arm draped over Kjay's back.

"I can not add anything more than what has already been said. But when V threatens to make me food and orphan my twins something is very wrong."

She went back to watching the doorway not taking her eyes off of it. She knew whatever was going to happen it would happen. It was up to Eros now. Would he help them or just stand by and watch?
Casandra Lightheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eros on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:18 pm

He stood there for a moment and looked at the flames at the doorway. Listening to what everyone had to say, He di give a chuckled at what his daugther said but it was the truth. Now what was worrying him was the face that Inion felt a blackness coming from Venis..........that is never a good sign. That means that something really bad was going to happen and he just did not know when it was going to happen. As well as when Venis says something like that to Cass......something is very wrong then so he looked at them all and then to the door. "Well there are options. One.....I just remove the all of fire or Two I could walk in there and try to talk to her. That is up to all of you to decide. Because from what I have heard so far some people here are not safe. With that he looks at all of them.
Eros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:07 am

Cas stood up to her full height of five foot ten and stood straight. Despite the fact that she was still wearing winter clothing her attitude changed. She looked every bit the Lady she had become so many years ago.

Eros would never know what this took out of her as she crossed the short distance to him and looked up at him. She smiled and placed a hand on his arm.

"Lord Eros, if it would please you I do believe that we are just wanting her distracted. We are more than willing to confront her on our own. We just want to make sure that she is not hurt when we bring down that wall of flames."

She removed her hand from his arm and still looking at him with unblinking emerald eyes she spoke a little more.

"We would just like you to use the incorporeal form you control so well and walk through the flames to tell us if she is standing away from them."

The hand that she removed from Eros' arm went back to rest on neck of her ever faithful companion as she awaited a response from the handful of people gathered.
Casandra Lightheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JonLouis on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:46 am

JonLouis watched in amazement as Casandra touched Eros. He was no fool, he knew what it was to touch Eros, at any time. And this was a particularly volatile moment. So one had to wonder, how much conscious control was Eros under at the moment?

JonLouis continued to hold Emilia as he too wondered what it is they were to each other. He wasn't sure what to call them either. Though, the thought crossed his mind that in the instance that Belle had found herself in only moments before, he most likely would have went with Girlfriend out of pure instinct. But there was more time to think about that another time. For now, they waited.
JonLouis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 am

Emilia looked at her father she was getting frustrated. She just wanted to know if Venis was on the other side of the flames or some where else in the room. She saw Casandra walk over to Eros with Kjay not far behind.

Had Cas really just touched her father? Em shook her head. Poor Ivan; he was going to be in for a long night in bed when they all headed back to the Inn. She looked at Eros again.

"I am bringing that wall down. You can either make sure she is not on the other side of it or I can take it down and possibly kill your piece of ass with a whole lot of water."

She was still leaning against JonLouis his arms wrapped around her was what was keeping her sane. She was beginning to understand why Casandra had asked for her to come.
Emilia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:20 am

Venis was on the other side of that wall of flames ... Somewhere. To find out where exactly, they would have to find out themselves. She could feel them all converged in her courtyard. She shook her head. "So they all want to stand out there and conspire against me? Probably pondering the best way to kill me. I guess none of them realize that the only one of them who could kill me is the one who is a lover and not a fighter. More importantly, he's my lover. Good luck getting him to do it." Her face showed of pure rage.

She was paranoid, that was an understatement. It was because of the evil that was not of her. It was coiling around her already dead heart and hardening it even more. It flowed through her veins like a drug, and she was getting quite the buzz from it. The longer it took for them to make their move, the worse it would be for them. They didn't want to wait too much longer to come after her, or this other evil would have far too much control. It was feeding off of her evil and growing exponentially because of it.
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eros on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:51 am

He understood what was going on now, but to have Cassy touch him........Yeah talk about a swallowing of pride. But he would go light on her since she was touching him of her own free will and with that swallowing of her pride. He send a gentle burst through her body. Yes he was being courteous. It was then when he heard his daughter talking, he just had to laugh. "Really dear. Do you honestly think that anything would happen if you doused her with water? It would make for a lovely steam sauna." He just smiled as he looked at her. But he did sigh. "But if I must, fine." With that he started to walk to the wall of fire. "Little One, either calm down the fire and let me in or I will come in anyway. It is your choice in the matter." Had anyone else called her Little One they would have died on the spot, but for him it was a term of endearment.
Eros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top