Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia

Illusion and decieption <open>

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Illusion and decieption <open>

Post by Inion on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 am

The act of illusions and decieptions was an easy thing for fairies. They used them both alot in everyday life. Inion was no exception to this, she used illsion magic everyday to keep her true form a secret to most. Currently she was staring at a decieption she created making sure it would work. She had felt the presence of Lewis more lately and this bothered her. She didn't want him knowing where she was and putting her family in danger. This meant making sure he thought she was somewhere else. Standing in front of her, next to the door of the cottage was a full length mirror it wasn't fancy or anything just big enough to walk through. The reflection in the mirror wasn't her, no it was a room. In fact it looked much like the room she had at the other inn. In fact it was the room she had at the other inn. Recently she went back there rented a room, decortated it like before and even made her presence known at the inn. Lewis had already figured out she was there once before, so she was hoping that this new tactic and the fact that the other inn still held a bit of her presence that he would just assume she was still living there. The idea was to keep the mirror open so that should anyone knock or come visit her she could just step throught the mirror. On the other end it held an illusion of being one of those big coatrack things with a set and mirror that only should what was standing in front of it, so the mirror was kinda like a oneway mirror you see in police shows. She hated fibbing to her friends but this was for the safety of her family and she would do what she had to do to protect them. They just got settled her, she had no plans to leave not now atleast. If anyone called her on anything she would just explain and hope that they understand.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Illusion and decieption <open>

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:29 am

Venis was standing out on her balcony enjoying the cool breeze. Her long blue dress was blowing in that very breeze, as was her long curly red hair. As she stood there leaning on the hand rail that surrounded her balcony she caught whiff of some very powerful magics.

She took some time to try to pinpoint the source of said magics. They were coming from somewhere out in the gardens. Without a second thought she stepped over the hand rail and stood on the outer edge of the balcony. She was only five stories up, she'd been higher.

With a step forward she began her decent to the ground below. Someone who didn't know who or what she was might be prone to panic. But she was a Vampire and a Goddess. So she didn't plummet to the ground and her impending death. She wouldn't even break her leg.

No, Venis floated to the ground slowly and softly. It was like watching a feather fall once the breeze that carried it had stopped. When her left foot hit the ground she bent her knee slightly. Five stories up did have some gravitational effect, even on her. But she was down.

Once she had both heeled feet planted safely upon the ground, she moved towards the source. She walked through the gardens as she felt the power getting stronger. But it was her proximity to the magic that made it feel stronger, not that the user was making it stronger.

She came upon one of the cottages that was out in the gardens. Her friends lived in the few occupied cottages, as with most of the inner Inn itself. The source of the magic was Inion's cottage. She was used to a shimmer of power coming from that fairy filled domicile.

As she approached the door, she noticed that this was something more than the shimmer of power that was usually there. Someone was using magics that required a bit more skill and power. Usually, when someone used power like this, it was because they were in trouble.

She knocked upon the door, a little louder than her usual taps. But the signal of the knocks remained the same. Two knocks meant 'Can I come in to talk?', it was a code that all of Venis friends learned eventually. Once she knocked she spoke. "Inion, are you ok sweety?"
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:14 pm

By the time the knock came on the door, Inion was in her kitchen making herself some lunch. She really didn't even have to look up from what she was doing to know that it was Venis outside the door her aura gave her away to the quiet fairy. With a gentle wave of her hand the door slid open and Inion looked at Venis, "come on in hun I was just fixing myself something to eat." She finished putting together a rather large deli snadwich and placed it on a plate with some chips and a pickle and of course a soda to drink. She smiled warmly at Venis " I am ok hun, just setting up some protection options. Would you like something to drink or a piece of cheesecake?" Yes her thoughts were random her mind was bouncing everywhere. She of course would have the type of drink that Venis would favor and of course, having a super sweet tooth herself she would have something like cake in the house at all times.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:17 am

When the door opened, Venis slipped out of her high heels and stepped inside. "I'm glad you're ok. The boost of magic that you were using caught me off guard. Cheesecake sounds good. Berries on top?" Berries were one of Venis' vices that she never gave up, even after over three hundred years. Her bath soaps and shampoos were even made with berry extracts.

Venis walked over and found a seat so the two of them could sit and chat. "Do you have any of that O negative blood wine left?" Most of her friends received deliveries of it on occasion, especially if they were friends that Venis actually went to see rather than waited for them to come see her. Inion was one of those friends. She made it easy for Venis to come visit.

She crossed one leg over the other as she settled into the chair. "You know, if you needed some protection from something, you could have come to me. It is in my job description you know?" A playful smile teased at the corners of her lips. The whole job description thing was meant as a joke, but she meant the rest. She was the Goddess of Protection.
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:17 am

As Inion cut a piece of cheesecake, put berries and sause on top, she looked over at Venis and smiled "I didn't even think I was using that much magic, that anyone would notice.' A nod was giving and she pulled out a bottle of the blood wine Venis had asked for and poured her a glass.

She sat everything out and sat next to Venis. She was nibbling on her sandwich when Venis said she couldv'e come to her. Giving her a soft smile. It's just Lewis he has been wondering around again, he must be bored. I figured by renting a room at the other inn and connecting it to this one and making my presence felt there and hiding it here he wont know that we are living here instead. I figured I would got to the other inn every few days visit and check on friends and of course have mail sent there. Hopefully it will be enough to keep him from tracking me here. " She gave a soft sigh, "I just don't want him thinking he can use my family to get to me. "
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:10 am

Venis nodded as Inion spoke. She took a bite of the cheesecake and smiled as it melted in her mouth. Most vampires couldn't eat regular food, but she had the advantage of being a Goddess as well, so she could compensate. "I've been hypersensitive lately. With the issues that have been going on, I did something I haven't done in hundreds of years. It was a bit of a power boost in and of itself. But I needed the added strength." She warmed her blood wine and took a sip.

At the mention of Lewis Venis looked up at her with raised eyebrows. "Didn't I offer to fix that problem for you? If I didn't, I meant to." She shook her head. She didn't have anywhere to be, she could keep track of things right where she was. So the small talk and food and drink were good for her. Of course, most people wouldn't consider their conversation small talk. But they had both been around for enough years that it was just a casual conversation, about death.
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Inion frowned abit "something you haven't done in a long time? If you need help with something hun don't hesitate to ask me. A god fight might do me some good."

She was eating away on her sandwich and almost choked when Venis mentioned taking care of Lewis for her, when she stopped coughing and tried not to laugh. "I cant remember if you did offer, but if he died someone else would take his place and god knows what that person would be like. I would rather put up with Lewis atleast I know his strengths and his intentions." Her mood was light and she even laughed "maybe I just need to give him another whipping."
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:58 am

Venis chuckled. It felt good to laugh. Sure, she had Kyra for company here and there, and Eros was still around, but to have time with others was good too. "A good fight wasn't it. Though, that does sound good. No, I had to get a little energy boost, and gain some focus. Blood wine wasn't quite sustaining me. So I went on a little hunt. Only I was a little more select this time with my choice of food." She didn't want to admit to the virgin blood part, but if Inion figured it out, she wouldn't lie about it either.

Venis remembered the previous conversation about Lewis once Inion started to talk about it again. So she nodded. "Oh yes, I remember now. I say we gather up Lewis, my pains in my neck, and any others that you have, and we just beat the tar out of all of them." More laughter followed that as she took another bite of her dessert bliss. The cheesecake was melting in her mouth. And the berries were so fresh. Inion definitely knew her way around the kitchen, that was for sure.
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:23 am

]font=Comic Sans Ms]Inion would never ask Venis what she did to gain the power boost she needed. She know that Venis always had a good reason to do something when she did it. Her laughter filled the room again, "I have no problem gathering the pain in the butts and giving them a good whipping. Lewis is the only one I need to whip right now but I am sure we can find a few others who need a good whipping. Maybe a good hunt in the darker side of town and we can scare up a few seedy types that need a good beating." She had a big grin on her face and a twinkle in her eye. Some may think she was a delicate flower but she had thorns. Growing up in a land that has been filled with war, she was use to fighting a bit more then she has here. Even though she loved the fact that she hasn't had to fight, and she was enjoying the peace a part of her still needed a good fight onw and then to make her feel alive.[/font]
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:03 am

Venis chuckled, how could she not? The thought of rounding them all up and whipping them for being pains was just so funny. After a few minutes she was able to speak again. "This cheesecake is excellent. I never learned to make it myself. I found Bavarian pie and fell in love." It was a staple in Venis' diet. Blood, blood wine, raw meat, and Bavarian pie.

She got the feeling that Inion was a bit antsy. "Hey Inion. How long has it been since you found yourself a good scuffle?" Venis understood the need to duke it out once in a while. She had her key to the death pool, but she would never take Inion there. But she knew of other ways to find a good fight, and there were always spars, spars were always fun.
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:04 am

Inion caught an image of what Venis saw in her head, it may not be excately what she was thinking but a pretty clear idea. People lined up and getting a whipping, she laughed so hard soda almost sprayed out her nose. The giggling contunied as she while she held a napkin to her face. "oh god that was one heck of an image."

" awww thank you. Bavarian pie is heavenly too I can understand falling in love with it. There are so many things I have tasted through the years its hard to pick just one favorite. I suppose cheescake is my current fav. I know you are a busy lady but if you ever want to learn to cook something I dont mind any excuse to be in the kitchen." her smile brightened, cooking, baking and gardening where high on her list of things she loved to do to calm herself.

She gave the last question some thought "hmmm the last fight was with Lewis. I think the odd need to a good fight is from the sword. That whole thing on feeding on the blood and souls of the darkness and all." She rolled her eyes. "I thought about sneaking out one night to the seedy part of town and maybe manner lessons to a few in need of them." there was a little wicked grin on her lips and her eyes shifted in color for a moment.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 am

Venis giggled with her over the image. It was great to giggle with friends. Even if at the moment, it was one friend. It really was one hell of an image. And there were definitely times that Venis wished she could just line them all up like that and whip them. It would be so nice.

She was eating another bite of cheesecake when the offer was made to teach her how. "Mmmmm, I would love to learn sometime." Of course, for the two of them, sometime could be another hundred years from now. Time was not of the essence for them. They had plenty.

Venis thought about the whole fighting situation. "Lewis huh?" It was a question, but it could be taken as rhetorical. She pressed her lips together and moved them from left to right a few times. "So it's definitely been a minute. A good spar is definitely in order." List time.
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:39 am

Inion laughed. "Lewis, he so loves to cause trouble." She finished off her sandwich and pushed the plate aside. "A spar does sound like fun, though I haven't spared with friends in a very long time." There had been other fights before Lewis, but those that weren't about the sword had been true battles, how does a fairy explain that she has been in battles and wars when fairies are suppose to be all light and innocenence.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:39 am

Inion wouldn't have had to explain that to Venis. She already knew, and she understood as well. "Maybe I should get that sign up sheet out and see who still wants to brawl. You were on that list from the other Inn, weren't you Inion?" Venis winked and smiled at her. If Inion hadn't been there before, she was now.

((Sorry it's so short, a touch of writers block for this one going on.))
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:28 am

(lol its ok i kinda had block on this one too )

"I was on the list from last time, just for an archery spar. Maybe I should sign up for some other spars as well." She had gotten herself a slice of cheesecake and was nibbling on it when the mirror to the other inn made a sound like a bell. "Or a spar may come looking for me, seems Lewis has set a spell on the other place." She shurged a bit "it's not much of a spell, nothing I haven't done to him." She laughed warmly, but kept an eye on the mirror.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 am

Venis looked over to the mirror. She had to chuckle. "Eh, let him come. A little glimmer and he could see me as you and I could whoop up on him for you before he even noticed." She laughed at the offer. Inion would offer to do the same for her. They were as close as two women could get. Almost battle sisters. Why not swat each others flies?
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Yet another image popped into Inion's head, she could create a glamour that would disquise Venis as herself from most people, but given that the Goddess setting across from her was much taller then her and more... welll..... blessed, the thought of Venis becoming her even if it was just a glamour made Inion almost choke with laughter. "Oh Venis my dear can you just see yourself as me. Though I know Lewis would see right through the glamour, it would be priceless to see his face." With the image of Venis as her, she also had the image of her as Venis which only caused more laughing. Of course if Venis asked her she would glamour up.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:19 am

Venis' laughter echoed Inion's at the thought of the two of them pretending to be the other. There was the size difference, and yes, anyone who knew them would know the difference. After all, no matter how much of the delectable dessert Venis ate, she never smelt like Blackberry Bavarian Pie. And to Venis, Inion always smelt of it.

Venis shook her head as her laughter died down. "I'm not sure we could fool anyone. Our scents would give us away before anything else." Venis used Strawberry and Raspberry extracts in her soaps and bath oils. But unless Inion smelt like the combination of berries to someone, the gig would be up. But it was still funny to think about.

Venis caught her breath again. "Well, my dear, I hate to cut this short, but I think I should head back up to the Inn and check on a few things." She got up from the table and cleared her dishes. She washed them out in the sink and put them out on a towel to dry. No reason to make more work for Inion. Then she returned to the table.

She waited for Inion to stand before she gave her a hug. Inion was a hugger, and Venis could go either way. So Inion always got hugs. "I'll come back by later. Or you could always come up if you want. But I'll see you later. Love ya." After the hug and the good bye she would head out of the cottage. She walked all the way back, smiling.
Venis Jordianthan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:38 am

"Yes I don't think we would fool people, but maybe one day it would be fun to try." She helped clear up the dishes. She loved to cook but hated to clean that was what magic was for in her kitchen.

She returned Venis's hug, "thank you for visiting I truely enjoy a little girl time that doesn't involve family." She laughed warmly " I got to finish a few things here." She walked Venis to the door and gave her a wave "I'll see you later hun."

She touched the mirror feeling for what maybe going on, on the other side.
Inion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top