Announcement

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.
____________________________________

For all Guests please go to F.A.Q.s, As well as all posts that are done for the Keep have been moved to the sub board under the Beyond the Inn
Latest topics
» Treats for all (Open)
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 am by Inion

» To save a life (Open to those with a reason to be in that area)
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm by Ryanna

» §• Playing a Dangerous Game •§
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am by b.d. adams

» Enter Dorian
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm by The Inn Keeper

» To Room #403 {Open}
Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm by Lt. Seleen Darkite

» Out of the Kettle, and Into the Fire
Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am by Dorian Nightmist

» Coming for a visit
Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Guest

» been along too long
Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm by Inion

» Confusion (closed)
Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm by Emilia


Enter Dorian

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Enter Dorian

Post by Dorian Nightmist on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:32 am

Through the night, the carriage had unwittingly carried him away from where he wanted to be. Through the night it traveled to whatever its destination was, but at what was discerned a reasonable distance, he lept out of the hay cluster in the back. Hands smoothed over his long black cloak/coat, brushing away bits of hay from them, as he made his way to the doorway just up ahead.

He hadn't been around this region of Rhy'din in a good long while, and so he was not sure what to expect here, but he was not expecting trouble. Perhaps he should, he was running from it after all. Then again, he was seemingly always running from trouble, so perhaps it was better stated that he was on guard for it, rather than not expecting it.

Stepping inside, he went leisurely to the reception desk, and rested a hand upon the counter before looking around the place curiously. His usual garb, a pair of dark blue baggy pants and shirt, were concealed within the black cloak, and black boots held the hem of the pants tucked in. His weapons were also concealed within the cloak, tied at his hip. The tip of the scabbard no doubt poked out from behind him, but he was keeping them near no matter what sort of rules this place had. He was not going anywhere unprotected.

"Always wandering about without a plan, without a care for where you end up," that voice echoed in his mind.

His eye twitched, but he kept his silence. No sense letting anyone in the place know he was crazy so soon.
avatar
Dorian Nightmist

Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enter Dorian

Post by The Inn Keeper on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:25 am

He was walking to the desk shuffling thorough some paper work. His grandson has been neglecting some of his duties since he has started to talk to his one lady friend. But he was happy for his grandson that is all that mattered so he could take up some of the slack.
"That boy needs to remember the funds that he spends."
He mumbled a little. It was then that he looked up as saw that man in a black cloak. He smiled.
"Hello sir, Welcome to the Everlasting Inn. May I help you with getting a room tonight?"
This was unexpected since the goddess and her group came in not many people come up here. But that was here nor there. They pay them generously a for all the rooms that they use and that is fine by him.
At that point he put down his papers and looked at the man.
avatar
The Inn Keeper

Posts : 55
Join date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enter Dorian

Post by Dorian Nightmist on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:19 pm


Dorian jerked back to the desk, as his gaze was elsewhere for the moment. Way to look inconspicuous, Dorian. He chastised himself for a change. "Don't go stealing my lines." Dorian grumbled a bit, but smoothed his features --and his cloak-- as he nodded lightly.

"Yes. Well, where am I? I'm ... afraid I got lost on my travels. Everlasting Inn? I don't think I've heard of this place." He shook his head, and began looking around once more. One hand tugged at his cloak, making sure he kept his weapons concealed to the best of his ability. After all, what if the empire owned this place? They did not like armed men wandering about without fealty pledged to the empire. And they knew his fealty did not belong to them. He wasn't about to inquire if that was who owned the place. He wouldn't go so far as to mention the Empire at all, if he could avoid it.

"You've gotten even more cowardly it seems. This is not the first time you were totted away as a prisoner, and yet, you still act as skittish as always. Have you learned nothing from your previous escapes?"

Dorian reached up, and tugged the hood of his cloak a bit, bringing the slight shadow cast over his face to conceal his features a bit more. For once, Jinnzou, just shut up. Let me think.
avatar
Dorian Nightmist

Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enter Dorian

Post by The Inn Keeper on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:40 pm

He just smiled. "We have been around for a long time, just not a lot of people know of us. More or less it is about the word of mouth for us. As for where you are well you are in one of the best inn that no one knows about. We have a combat area downstairs, a beautiful walk around garden in the back. We have hot tubs as well as a heated spa area. We have a ballroom that takes up the entire second floor and with three floors of rooms. We have workers around the clock that will cook for you and you can have pretty much anything that you want made to order. And that pretty much covers it."
With that he took a look at the man.
"If you would like to think about it there is a lounge area right through that walk way."
With that he pointed to the walkway next to the stair way.
avatar
The Inn Keeper

Posts : 55
Join date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enter Dorian

Post by Dorian Nightmist on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:15 am


It was the best way to sell to Dorian to simply state that it was not a place known to everyone. Surely, if the empire followed the path, they'd stumble upon the place, but he also hoped the empire would have thought that he didn't follow the road. The fact that he was escaping imprisonment, and escapees tend to keep away from travel routes, was hopefully a sign that they would not check the roads. Therefore, this was the BEST place to hide out. Of course, that didn't mean he would take it easy, slack off, and get himself caught by accident, but one had to take their blessings while they could.

He plucked a few gold coins out of a pouch on his belt, hidden within his cloak. He placed the stack of coins on the counter, and blurted out, while the elderly innkeeper was busy pointing towards that lounge.

"Is that enough? Secluded room? I'll eat in my room, not in the common area." Did he sound anxious? Did he sound suspicious? He hoped not...

"Bravo Dorian, that was a lovely display of nonchalance."

Shut up.


avatar
Dorian Nightmist

Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enter Dorian

Post by The Inn Keeper on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm

(I would like to apologize for the last response real life got in the way. LOL)

He looked down at the few coins and smiled.
"Yes that would do for a month sir."
He rose his hand and grasped the coins and put them behind the counter. I have a good room for you, room 415 should be secluded enough for you. it is up the stairs and to the right in the far corner no one will bother you. And by all means you can eat in your room just call room service and they will bring it up to you."
With that he took his big book and turned it around please put your name on this line" As he pointed to it. "And please sign then you will be your key."

With that he just smiled again.
avatar
The Inn Keeper

Posts : 55
Join date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enter Dorian

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum